Megaplas (Integral Corporate Image Project Manager) begins the implementation of the 5S method in its factories
In 2020 Megaplas has started the factory implementation, with the help of specialists from the automotive sector, of 5S techniques. These techniques, originating in Japan, are based on five simple principles:
- Seiri (classification),
- Seiton (order),
- Seiso (cleaning),
- Seiketsu (standardize) and
- Shitsuke (maintain discipline).
The implementation of each of the 5S is carried out following four steps:
- Preparation: training regarding the methodology and planning of activities.
- Action: search and identification, according to the stage, of unnecessary elements, disordered (identification and location needs), dirt, etc.
- Analysis and team decision of the improvement proposals that are executed below.
- Documentation of conclusions established in the previous steps.
Some of the improvements derived from the application of the 5S techniques are:
- Better organization, planning and agility in the different stages and manufacturing activities,
- Optimal identification and delimitation of activity areas as well as jobs. Organization of tools.
- Incorporation of tools and containers to collect waste and waste.
- Standardization of processes facilitating and simplifying the tasks of our professionals,
- Control in the application of the method, encouraging and motivating the contribution of continuous improvements by the team.